How did we get over 12,000 in one day???

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
eantar@nyc.rr.com
How did we get over 12,000 in one day???

I have a desktop application that makes calls to the directions API for mileage on the basic free plan. I've been using this since September without any problem. Suddenly, today, a day where the application hasn't been used so NO calls would have been made to the api, there are suddenly over 12,000 transaction listed for a single day. It's just not possible. Could I please get some help on this?

Thanks,

Eddie Antar

MQBrianCoakley
The reported numbers seem in
The reported numbers seem in-line with the numbers produced by the application at least for routes to geocodes. There are no other users having issues with reporting numbers like this.

eantar@nyc.rr.com
But I'm still not sure what's

But I'm still not sure what's going on? As I said, the report says that 12,078 transaction calls were made on the day the application wasn't even used! We're in the middle of testing, but now we're stuck because of this. Can you help us, please?

Also, I understand that the way I programmed the calls for finding mileage uses the actual addresses (only one way point), instead of the lat/long (this still shouldn't account for the numbers) . Anyway, I want to change that to send the lat/long, so I wanted to know if it's correct to send the lat/long pair in the "to" and "from" parameter? and would I send it as a comma separated pair, ie to=700012,-12345. Would that be correct?

Thanks,

Eddie

MQBrianCoakley
At first glance of the logs,
At first glance of the logs, in the first hour of 11/25 I see 1500+ requests with your key for routes from several cities to 11/30/50 cities each, including Hialeah to several mainland US locations.

MQBrianCoakley
This page will show how to
This page will show how to format different location formats. But I use the lat,lng in decimal format in the from and to parameters. &from=11.111111&to=-111.111111.   I'm seeing if we can come up with 10/25 information easily.

eantar@nyc.rr.com
This just makes no sense what

This just makes no sense what so ever. The application is built to collect the mileage traveled between two points in the New York Metropolitan area. I collect the addresses as I store then and there is nothing even remotely in Hieleah. Is it possible that someone else has gotten my key? Another fact that is impossible is the 15000 geocodes in an hour. We're talking about one individual testing one start to end location. He couldn't physically do that.

Any help you this would be greatly appreciated. 

Okay on the lat, long info. Are you saying that I should use decimal point instead of a comma, or does it not matter.

Thanks,

Eddie

eantar@nyc.rr.com
Further to the lat, lng

Further to the lat, lng question. Lats and Lngs both have decimals in them, so don't I HAVE to use the comma?

Thanks,

Eddie

MQBrianCoakley
Sheesh, I only had longitude
Sheesh, I only had longitude in there. I must be recovering from Thanksgiving yet.   Yes, the lat,lng are comma separated in decimal format.   It's always possible someone else got the key, but very unlikely since anyone can get a free key. Since we weren't watching the logs at the moment, all we can gather is that there are numerous route requests with the key in the logs. 

eantar@nyc.rr.com
Is there anything that can be

Is there anything that can be done to get us going again? Waiting till Dec 14th really delays our progress.

Let me know.

Eddie

MQBrianCoakley
You can purchase more
You can purchase more transactions on the Pricing & Plans page. Otherwise the transaction count will reset on the set date.

eantar@nyc.rr.com
Hi,

Hi,

We don't need more than 15,000 transactions in a given month. However, it seems that this is the only way to get through this month. Would I be able to purchase the $99 plan for one month's time? I'm hoping that the 12,000 geocodes in one day was some sort of fluke and doesn't happen again. I'll be making some changes to my code.

I tried to make a purchase and the website went down. I will try again later.

Thanks for all your help. Very appreciated.

MQBrianCoakley
Yes, you can purchase for one
Yes, you can purchase for one month then cancel. Sorry, missed this one earlier.